Our story is one of seeking continuous improvement in teaching and learning. Our staff uses research, quality tools, and quality processes to provide a learning environment that is valued by our school community. We strive to meet the social and emotional needs of our students. You will feel the warm, inviting environment the minute you walk through our doors.
- We are a team-we work together.
- As staff members we value each student for what they have in common and for their differences. We are here because all of us really care about children.
- We believe we can help all students learn at high levels-student learning is our focus.
- We believe students need to be accountable for their actions and that we all have a responsibility for helping students learn positive behaviors that will help them as they move through life.
- We believe in the importance of supporting students socially, emotionally, and behaviorally. When students feel safe and have skills to solve problems they can then give focus to quality learning.
- We believe parents are an important part of our school partnership. Our PTA Board and our volunteer coordinators are essential to our success. Our partnership enriches the learning of Pierce students and brings parents into our building to meet a variety of needs.
- We value and seek out community support—business partnerships, enrichment programs, and other people in our community who support our students in a variety of manners.
- We believe staff development is critical—we read current research, quality literature aligned with the district mission, as well as learn from each other.
- We believe good communication is essential and work at communicating information in a timely manner.
- We care about our building being clean and well-kept. It is a reflection of how we feel about our school.