Our Classroom Mission Statement
Our class mission is to work hard to learn and be kind friends.
Our Classroom Goals:
- We will learn about the world of science and being a scientist.
- We will know our numbers 0-20.
- We will learn to read, using alphabet letters, sounds and words.
- We will learn how to do homework, so we can learn at school and home.
- We will be kind to each other.
Our Classroom Rules:
We will be kind to each other.
We will use our walking feet when we are inside the school.
We will use a quiet voice when we are inside the school.
Our Class Schedule:
- 8:45- 9:00 Welcome/Lunch Count/Morning Work/ Morning Announcements
- 9:00-9:30 Agenda/ Large group Activities/Writing Activities
- 9:30-10:50 Small Groups/Literacy Centers/Interventions
- 9:40-10:50 Seatwork incorporating Jolly Phonics/Reading/Writing/Language Arts
- 10:50-11:00 Get ready for lunch
- 11:00-11:55 Lunch/Recess
- 11:55-12:00 Drinks/Restroom
- 12:00-12:30 Math/Work Stations
- 12:30-12:50 Community Circle/Oral Vocab/Read Aloud Anthology/HL Questions
- 12:50-1:15 Envisions Math
- 1:15-1:30 Michael Heggerty (Phonemic Awareness
- 1:30-2:10 Specials (Day 1=Music, Day 2=Gym, Day 3=Art)
- 2:10-2:25 Quiet/Rest Time (Ends October 1st)/Recess
- 2:25-2:35 Snack
- 2:35-2:50 Science/ Social Studies/Jolly Phonics
- 2:50-3:20 Self-Selection/Small Groups/Testing/Individual Help
- 3:35-3:40 Closing Activities/Kindergarten Message
*Computer Lab time (12:40-1:20 on Monday)
*IMC Story time (3:05-3:35 every other Tuesday)
*IMC (Library) Checkout (8:45-9:00 Daily)
*Mrs. Cobert (12:55-1:25 every other Monday)
*Science groups with Rockwell volunteers begin in January
*Spanish Lessons (12:10-12:40 on Day 2/gym)
*Intervention Time (9:40-11:05 daily)